Thursday, January 14, 2010

San Diego TROLLEY -- Blue Line GODventurez

Palm Avenue Station (Blue Line)
The first leg of my SPIRIT-led GODventurez...

The San Diego Trolley has actually been a movie prop (though it escapes me which movie).

Coronado Bay Bridge...not as pretty from this angle, eh?

(Barrio Logan Station)
Since coming back from Fiji to San Diego, April 2009, i haven't really ventured much out into the "real world."

i've sort of cocooned myself around South San Diego, Chula Vista, and Imperial Beach.

My world had shrunk to Midway church activities (worship, Bible studies, Rose's), 24-Hour Fitness (Zumba and TKB), and being a homebody (painting, blogging or housekeeping).

(Imperial and Market Station)
The gas prices didn't encourage me to get out there...and i was no longer interested in those things that used to interest me before.

(PetCo Park Stadium)
But Tuesday, i broke out of my cozy routine and went on a GODventurez -- which to most of you is really no big deal -- i took the trolley downtown!

For just $5, i got to ride around for a whole day (including the bus system).

i had to ask a cyclist headed for Balboa Park to help me get the ticket out of the machine...duh!

(Fifth Avenue Station)
Yep, i'm a bush-woman from the boondocks!

Most of these (full-frame) photos were shot from inside the trolley, as seen afresh through eyes agog with a spirit of GODventurez.

i savored the experience, my face unusual amongst the crowd because my smile was practically a fixture from ear to ear -- i couldn't stop smiling! i must've looked like i was high on something -- i was! High on CHRIST!

GODventuring shoes...

i wonder if she still sees new things on her route -- back and forth, north to south, and back again on the same tracks...i wonder how many times in the course of her shift she goes back and forth, north to south and back again on the same tracks. i wonder if she still sees new things on her route...

Back at the Palm Avenue Station...longer shadows marked the nearing sundown.

There's a train a-coming...i can hear the whistle blowing! What are my choices? Get on the train? Let it pass me by? Or let it run over me?

No comments:

Post a Comment